Summers can wreak havoc on your hair. No matter your hair and skin type, you could end up dealing with frizz, brittleness, sweat, dandruff, and other skin & hair issues. However, the right tips, when added to your hair care routine, could help you prevent hair issues that you face in the summers.
Let’s look at 6 summer hair care tips -
- Stay hydrated: While a natural herbal shampoo for dry hair is a must, you can also achieve great results with Aloe Vera. This plant contains high water content and is a great natural remedy to fix dehydrated hair. To get the benefits, apply Aloe jelly directly to your scalp and hair strands.
- Ensure good nourishment: Regularly nourish your hair with the goodness of Avocado. The protein and oil content in Avocado can nourish the hair while adding body and shine. Mash one Avocado into a pulp. Add a tablespoon each of brewed green tea and Fenugreek seed powder. Mix with lukewarm water to form a paste. Apply on your hair. Wash it off after half an hour.
- Address dull hair: Lemon can be used to treat dry hair. After your hair wash, apply 1 tbsp of lemon juice to your hair. Towel dry and style as normal.
- Oil your scalp: Using a hair oil containing Amla can help you maintain the normal acid-alkaline balance of the scalp and prevent dandruff. Take a handful of dry Amla and grind coarsely. Add this coarse powder to 100 ml of pure coconut oil. Store it in an airtight glass bottle. Keep this bottle in the sun for about 15 consecutive days. Strain the oil, store it, and use it regularly.
- Cleanse your scalp: The heat doesn’t affect the length of your locks alone. Sweat and oil accumulated in your scalp can leave it feeling itchy and prone to more hair trouble. Washing all of it off in the right way can keep your hair refreshed. Ingredients such as Soap nut, or Shikakai, are mentioned in Ayurveda for their properties in helping wash and clean hair. Mix together a tablespoon of Shikakai with half a tablespoon each of Fenugreek powder, Tulsi powder, Rose petal powder and Neem powder, along with a cup of curd and a tablespoon of olive oil. Let this mixture sit for 30 minutes. Apply the mask onto your scalp. After a 30-minutes rest, wash your hair with normal water and Shikakai powder.
Use a hair mask: Your hair requires more-than-usual pampering for summer. Treat it right with DIY hair masks. Simple kitchen ingredients such as Lemon, Aloe Vera, and Yoghurt can be used to make hair masks.If you are prone to issues such as hair fall or dandruff in the summers, make sure to use a good shampoo for hair fall and dandruff. To prevent and treat hair issues, it is best to opt for a clean, natural, or herbal hair conditioner. Ayurveda offers time-tested solutions, which you can make the best of by purchasing Ayurvedic shampoos and conditioners.
Which Ayurvedic Shampoo is good for hair?
Medimix offers a wide range of Ayurvedic shampoos, which are made from natural ingredients and are safe for daily use. Depending on your hair type and requirement, you can choose from an array of herbal shampoos and conditioners.
For treating dandruff:
- Anti-Dandruff Shampoo + Anti-Dandruff Conditioner – Enriched with Thyme Oil, Neem Oil, Lemon Seed and Rosemary Extract. Neem oil is good for the skin while other ingredients such as rosemary extract, thyme oil, and lemon seed offer nourishment to the skin and hair roots, ridding the scalp of dandruff. The products also contain Aloe vera, wild ginger and Neem – which make hair healthier and shinier. The Ayurvedic formulas are enriched with 18 handpicked herbs that help skin healthy and glowing.
For adding volume and bounce:
- Volumizing & Bouncing Shampoo + Volumizing & Bouncing Conditioner – Enriched with Eclipta, Carrot Seed Oil, Milk and Vegetable Keratin Extract. Carrot seed oil and vegetable keratin make hair thicker, voluminous and bouncier. They help the hair grow and protect it, leaving hair thicker, softer, and bouncier after every wash. This product also contains Aloe vera, wild ginger and Neem which make hair healthier and shinier.
For shinier and softer hair:
- Softening & Silkening Shampoo + Softening & Silkening Conditioner – Enriched with Jojoba Oil, Fenugreek, Water Cress and Hibiscus Extract. Jojoba oil and hibiscus extract helps hydrate and strengthen your hair. Also present are Aloe vera, wild ginger and Neem, natural herbs that are well-known to make hair healthier and shinier.
For revitalisation and repair:
- Revitalising & Repair Shampoo + Revitalising & Repair Conditioner – Enriched with Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Coconut Milk and Lotus Extract. Wheat germ oil and lotus repair damage to keep the hair healthy. Both the shampoo and conditioner also contain Aloe vera, wild ginger, and Neem, which help improve the hair’s health and shine.
For deep cleansing & hydrating:
- Deep Cleansing & Hydrating Shampoo + Deep Cleansing & Hydrating Conditioner – Enriched with Soap Nut, Argan Oil and Almond Extract. Argan oil and almond extracts fight dandruff, hydrate the hair, and remove impurities. Soap nut or Shikakai is traditionally used to cleanse the scalp and get rid of sweat and dirt deposits. Aloe Vera, Neem, and wild ginger help make the hair shinier and healthier.
For colour protection & moisturising:
- Colour Protection & Moisturising Shampoo + Colour Protection & Moisturising Conditioner – Enriched with Henna, Avocado Oil, Amla and Green Tea Extract. Avocado oil and green tea nourish the hair and prevent the quick fading of hair colour. The combination of ingredients helps maintain the colour longer, without compromising on hair nourishment.
All these herbal shampoos and herbal conditioners made from natural ingredients, thus bringing to you the goodness of nature for the right hair care for all types of hair.
Additionally, they are cruelty-free and completely vegan, which means no animal products are being used in your hair products. Based on fast-acting Ayurveda, Medimix products are paraben-free which can help keep your hair safe.
Summers can be harsh on the hair. But with a little hair care supplemented with the right products, your hair can remain healthy throughout the summer.