Oily skin can be a hassle, especially when it causes issues such as pimples. Covering the pimples with makeup will not get rid of them and could even damage the skin. You can treat pimples and oily skin by simply making the best use of some of the items you would find in your kitchen.
To help you out, here are 6 home remedies for oily skin:
1. Neem Acne face pack
Neem’s antibacterial properties helps reduce pimples and keeps the skin healthy.
- Take a handful of fresh Neem & Tulsi leaves
- Dry the leaves in the sun for at least a day.
- Grind them to obtain a fine powder.
- Add 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp Fuller’s Earth to the powder.
- Add some drops of water and form a paste.
- Apply this pack on your face.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Gently scrub it off using circular motions.
- Rinse your face with cold water
- Pat dry.
2. Turmeric face pack
Turmeric has strong antibacterial properties and can help you get clear skin.
- Combine 1/4 tablespoon of Turmeric powder with 2 tablespoons of Sandalwood powder and 2-3 tablespoons of orange juice.
- Mix together to make a smooth paste.
- Take a cosmetic brush and apply the paste uniformly on your face.
- Leave the paste on for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse your face using lukewarm water.
For best results, apply this face pack two times a week.
3. Neem & Turmeric paste
This simple home remedy combines the power of Neem & Turmeric.
- Add 2-4 teaspoons of Neem powder in a grinder.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and rosewater.
- Add a teaspoon of Fuller’s Earth.
- Add half teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Grind everything into a fine mixture.
- Wash your face.
- Apply the paste on your face.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
4. Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe Vera’s antibacterial properties can help control and reduce acne-causing bacteria.
- Take 2 tablespoons of pure honey and mix in 1 tablespoon of pure Aloe Vera.
- Ensure that the mixture is not runny but can be spread easily.
- Mix in 1/4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Apply the mask to your face.
- Relax while you leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
5. Besan face pack
Besan helps soak up the excess oil from skin pores, unclogging the pores in the process.
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of Besan and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Add some water and mix to prepare a paste for a face pack.
- Apply a thick layer of this paste on the face and neck.
- Let this pack sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
Repeat the application thrice a week.
6. Honey Face Pack
Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities.
- Grind raw almonds to a powder.
- Mix three tablespoons of this raw almond powder with two tablespoons of raw honey.
- Apply the scrub to the face with gentle, circular motions.
- Wash off the scrub with warm water.
- Pat skin dry.
The above home remedies contain simple ingredients that you would find in your home. However, they do require a certain level of commitment from the point of time and effort. If you’re short on both, you can try a natural face wash for getting rid of oily skin and pimples.
An oily skin face wash helps remove surface oils, makeup build-ups, and dirt, without leaving the skin dry or tight. The ingredients used in the home remedies suggested above can be found in Medimix’s range of Ayurvedic products.
Here are some natural face washes for oily skin and pimples from Medimix, which harness the power of Ayurvedic ingredients such as Neem, Turmeric, and Besan:
Medimix Anti Pimple Face Wash
This Ayurvedic Anti Pimple Face Wash is enriched with Neem which fights pimples and acne. It also contains Aloe Vera and turmeric. They protect the skin from acne-causing germs and keep it soft. This anti pimple face wash from Medimix helps clear pimples within a few days of application, as it works faster than general herbal mixes.
Medimix Oil Clear Face Wash
This Ayurvedic Oil Clear Face Wash is enriched with Besan and Honey that help remove excess oil while maintaining the moisture in the skin. This face wash helps maintain the perfect oil balance so that the skin looks fresh after use. Get clear skin that is free of excess oil, with this face wash for oily skin.